E&S Underwriting Assistant
Who we are
Curotech Specialty is a dynamic, independent, technology driven insurance Managing General Agency. Central to our business is a real time, analytical underwriting and management platform. This innovative proprietary technology is eminently scalable allowing it to seamlessly adapt to the growth and expansion of our business lines and teams.
Passion, Transparency, Innovation and Teamwork are the four core values that we stand for, and exemplify how Curotech Specialty operates day-to-day as a business. These values together with a proven and dependable discipline and integrity sit at the heart of our ethos and culture.
The rapid and continuing expansion of the business has resulted in the immediate requirement for an Underwriting Assistant to add to the Curotech team.
The individual will be required to carry out a variety of operational duties involving the processing of renewal business, maintenance of records and materials, and all related work as required. The ability to work independently, with judgement and initiative is an advantage.
For the right individual, this position offers the opportunity to grow and build a career in an exciting, fast paced environment.
- Input policy and underwriting data in appropriate systems
- Prepare submission risk evaluation for review by the underwriter
- Review new submissions to establish appropriate underwriting appetite
- Prepare renewals for underwriting review and evaluation for quotations and binders
- Maintain and manage a structured diary system to ensure all necessary information is received within established timelines
- Structure and maintain file organization
- Follow up of delinquent data
- Maintain submission and policy files according to documented standards
- Pre review inspection reports and highlight information for underwriting
- Work to resolve premium and data discrepancies
- Handle special projects and assignments as directed
- Work with the Underwriters to issue policies, process endorsements and to maintain Broker relationships;
- Review and e-mail quote and binder letters
- Prepare policies for issuance
- Review policies for accuracy and regulatory standards
- Provide good customer service by responding swiftly to all requests for information
Education and Training
- Degree in any discipline
- Ideally will have some relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
- Accurate and numerate
- Good computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products (particularly, Excel and Word)
- Excellent organisation and multi-tasking skills, with first class time management
- Detail oriented, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, with ability to work independently
- Team player
Curotech Specialty is looking to pay a competitive remuneration package to attract the best Underwriting Assistant to addto a high performing team.
This role can be carried out remotely from within the United States.
If you would like to discuss or send us a resume,
please contact Jane Bird: [email protected]